A MISSION, A VISION, A STRATEGY AND VALUES
“WITH ALUMINIUM WE CO-CREATE THE FUTURE”
KEY STRATEGIC PROJECTS
“LUCRATIVENESS WITHIN INNOVATION AND AMBITION”
“TOGETHER WE CAN MANAGE ALMOST EVERYTHING”
Vision of the group Talum
With its vision, the group Talum has set very ambitious goals for the period from the year 2016 to 2018. With coordinated, energetically efficient and environment-friendly production and treatment of aluminium, we belong to a narrow range of the most efficient producers of electrolytic aluminium and aluminium alloys in the world. A significant foundation of our growth is the development of castings production. We do not deal only with low-pressure and gravity casting, but we have successfully entered a field of high-pressure casting. In a field of slugs and discs, regarding a tubes’ and containers’ programme, we rank among the biggest and technologically most progressive producers in the world.
Key strategic projects of the group Talum
- To develop a treatment process and products with a higher added value on the basis of purchasing primary and waste aluminium,
- to increase the size of production and the sale of slugs and discs up to 36.000 tons per year,
- to establish the production of high-pressure casting and to fulfil capacities within four casting machines,
- to optimise and upgrade energetic infrastructure for reliable long-term power supply of the consumers,
- to establish the Research and Innovation Centre for performing systematic and target oriented research work,
- to rationalise the business processes with purpose of increasing the efficiency of business and supporting processes,
- to establish Talum’s school of knowledge in the field of personnel for ensuring a sufficient number of employees with appropriate knowledge.
Values of the group Talum
The values of the group Talum are reflected in a good atmosphere, satisfaction, employees’ enthusiasm, in our organizational culture, they motivate us to new achievements; they are the fuel, which pushes us forward. The values link up the employees because of joint goals – they give answers to the questions of who we are, where we are going and what we want. We realise our values also together with our owners, partners (customers, suppliers), broader and immediate environment; they are shown in our social responsibility.
Respect and trust represent the foundation of our operations. We have a respectful attitude towards co-workers, environment, owners, customers and suppliers. With great deal of reciprocal trust, we tend to realise our goals and we take care of the sustainable development.
We are open for changes in broader and immediate environment, including either innovations or approaches towards customers, owners and environment. This is shown in accepting different opinion, in being open for new (also “crazy”) ideas and suggestions, in accepting criticism, and in all correct and tolerant performances. We achieve all these with respectful attitude towards all participants and by involving our employees in making decisions and taking the responsibilities for them.
At work, we keep testing new methods and approaches. We perform this with great deal of energy, teamwork and by creating conditions, which enable us to recognise opportunities and quickly react to challenges.
Each one of us treats and manage the sources that we deal with as a prudent master. We are aware of the responsibility we have towards customers, owners, broader and immediate environment, and towards one another.
Competences, a wish to be educated and qualified in the field of work, care for a personal and professional development, and readiness to share the knowledge with the others in the company and outside of it. All these enable us to achieve the excellence at conquering new technologies and marketing approaches, at the responsible environmental treatment and as well at the attitude towards the co-workers.
With our own persistence – even stubbornness, endurance, courage and readiness for challenges of time, we do our best with our entire enthusiasm to realise our joint goals and to shape the future.
Policy of the group Talum
The TALUM Group is composed of companies that are engaged in the production and processing of primary aluminium and the production of various aluminium products and provide a wide range of services for the aluminium industry. Sustainable development of the TALUM Group is based on increasing the volume and complexity of products and services, improving productivity and efficiency, and ensuring the highest quality with an emphasis on safe and harmless work, environmental protection and efficient use of energy.
The basic policy principles that are regularly reviewed and updated are:
- We commit ourselves to create a sustainable value for our shareholders, customers, suppliers, employees and other stakeholders and the communities in which we operate. We inform them about their activities and operating guidelines.
- When satisfying our customers, we proceed from their demands and expectations. On this basis, a long-term partnership and cooperation is built.
- Quality is the driving force of all our activities. We are committed to the operation of quality systems, environmental management, safety and health at work and energy management and their continuous and systematic improvement.
- Our development is built on knowledge and innovation, which also increase the business performance of our customers.
- Our priority is to ensure an adequate number of employees with skills that will help achieve the set goals. A lot of effort and resources are invested in acquiring employees and in keeping them informed, educated and motivated. In this respect, human rights are respected and the international rules, the European and national labour legislation are adhered to. Through various activities, employees are encouraged to maintain a healthy lifestyle and in this way we take care of their psycho-physical and social condition.
- In our business operation, we implement business ethic and human rights, which we have written in the Ethical Code and Code of rules on corporative integrity.
- An appropriate attitude in the broadest sense of the word is demonstrated towards our environment, safety and energy utilisation. We prevent and control the impacts of our activities, products and services on the working and wider environment, prevent major accidents and pollution and take appropriate action to reduce their potential consequences. We strive for compliance with legal and other requirements which we have agreed to observe.
- Natural resources and energy are used rationally and efficiently. The emissions of substances into the air and water and noise are monitored, waste and chemicals are treated accordingly. In doing so, input materials that are less polluting or more energy efficient are used.