TALUM Group: With care and responsibility against covid-19
27 October 2020
Dear business partner,
In the Talum Group, we successfully took care of the health of our employees to ensure a smooth production process in the spring months of this year, when we faced the challenges of the coronavirus. With the epidemic declared in Slovenia again on 17 October, we are again facing a similar challenge as in the spring. In our consistent self-protective handling to prevent the spread of the virus, we have not given up in all months since March, so we are confident that we will continue to successfully maintain the health of our employees, which is a condition for continuous production process and timely shipments to customers.
The measures we implement in Talum to ensure the safe and stable operation of the company are as follows:
- We consistently implement all self-protection measures and related rules of conduct (correct use of masks everywhere in the industrial zone, high level of hand hygiene, cough hygiene, safety distance, measuring the temperature at the entrance to the industrial zone).
- We have established a strict safety mode of operation by ensuring a continuous production process and safety rotation of employees; where the process allows, employees work from home.
- We increased the level of disinfection and cleaning of the premises.
- We limited the number of seats in the dining room, introduced strict adherence to lunch schedules to further limit the number of people in a room and introduced disinfection immediately before taking food. We warn of the appropriate safety distance between employees with floor markings, and we have placed protective barriers on the tables.
- All meetings take place by videoconference, urgent internal training with the permitted number of persons and taking into account the required safety distance.
- All visits to and from the factory are prohibited (exceptions which require ensuring a smooth production process are confirmed by the company's management board).
- Through regular discussions with suppliers and careful management of raw material stocks, we ensure a smooth production process and thus a smooth supply of products and services to our customers.
Together we will be successful in the fight against the covid-19 virus! At Talum, we are determined to continue to ensure a continuous production process with our experience and measures in the future as well, and thus also to fulfil our obligations towards you. We will keep you informed of any new facts or other changes through our employees, with whom you are otherwise in contact.
Thank you for trusting us. Stay healthy!
Marko Drobnič, The President of the Management Board